As the weather changes, joint pain is a symptom experienced by many. There are several theories as to why pain surfaces during weather changes. Overall joint and bone pain are one of the most common symptoms reported. The correlation between changing weather and bone/joint pain has been studied for years, and while no conclusive evidence exists, there are many people who strongly believe the weather plays a role in their pain.
Theories behind weather and joint pain often cite barometric pressure as a primary reason for joint pain. Barometric pressure is the weight of the atmosphere that surrounds us, and as the weather changes, the barometric pressure drops, which can cause joints to swell. Swollen joints not able to receive as much fluid, which is associated with pain.
As the weather changes, below are some common pain symptoms.
- Joint Pain (knees, elbows, lower back, etc.)
- Bone Pain (especially in weak or injured bones)
- Migraines & Sinus Headaches
Whether you believe in the theories correlating weather and pain or not, there are many great natural treatments that can address and alleviate the symptoms listed above. These treatments include:
- Chiropractic: For stiff and painful joints, chiropractic treatments can unlock joints by realigning the joints, which improves joint function.
- Drinking Water: Proper hydration will keep joints lubricated and functioning properly.
- Being Active: Many jobs require us to sit or stand in the same position for long periods of time. During those times, joints can become stiff, causing pain. Being active and regularly exercising will keep your joints moving and lessen joint pain.
Summer is almost here, and especially in Denver, the weather has drastically changed from a few months ago. In order to fully enjoy the summer sun and activities, be sure to pay attention to your pain and joints. All of the natural treatments listed above will help keep you healthy, active, and pain-free.
A Chiropractor for Kids? Is It Safe?
August 27, 2021
As parents, we always want what’s best for our children. Unfortunately, when it comes to medical care, there’s not always a clear choice. There are many philosophies, ideas, and even old wives tales on the best way to keep your kids healthy. If you are considering finding a chiropractor for your kids, in an effort
The Benefits of a Holistic Chiropractor
July 28, 2021
Holistic chiropractic care promotes complete healing from the inside out, without long courses of medication or invasive surgeries. An integrative treatment plan ensures full-body healing so that you can achieve optimal health and physical performance. Consistently rated as one of the best chiropractors in Denver, CO, Dr. Reinhardt is committed to a holistic approach for